Toasted White Hot Chocolate Soufflé
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Ok, so don’t tell the other soups, but this one just might be our favorite for any time of year! If it’s on the menu when we are out to dinner, we order it. When we can’t decide what to make, we can always decide on this. Creamy and with the perfect amount of spice, this is one that you will be dying to have over and over.
2 lower chicken leg quarters skinless
1 quart chicken stock
2 guajillo chiles stemmed and seeded
1 chipotle Con adobo
4 tomatoes roughly chopped
1 large onion small diced
5 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
Fried corn tortilla strips homemade preferred
Sour cream or Mexican crema
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil on high. While oil is getting hot, season the chicken leg quarters with salt and pepper.
2. Sear the chicken 3-4 mins per side to develop color. Pull from the pan and set aside
3. Immediately add the onions and garlic and reduce heat to medium, cook until onions become light golden in color.
4. Add the spices and cook until fragrant
5. Add your tomatoes and chipotle con adobo. Cook until tomatoes start to release there liquid
6. Add the chicken stock and dry chiles and bring back to a boil.
7. Reduce to a simmer and add chicken quarters back to pot, cover and simmer for two hours
8. Remove chicken and bones from pot, shred the meat discard any bones
9. Put broth and all vegetables into a blender, blend until smooth. Return back to pot with shredded chicken meat
10. Prepare a bowl with tortilla strips and cheese, add hot soup on top, top with more tortilla strips, cilantro, and sour cream
More of our favorites
FREE Monthly Email SERIES
Sign up here for sneak previews, exclusive benefits, and what’s coming up!