Onion Straws 2
We’re going to toot our own horn for a hot minute. *toot toot* These onion straws are PERFECT.. And by perfect we mean literal perfection. Oh, and they’re so easy. Since coming up with this recipe, we’ve made it multiple times and for multiple households. Each time it’s been a hit. We topped our cheeseburgers with them, we ate them straight out of a dish and we covered our salads with them – because we believe in balance. Needless to say, we’re obsessed.
.5 cup flour
.5 cup corn starch
2-3 onions sliced into very thin rings
Oil for frying
1. Preheat oil to 375
2. Mix corn starch and flour together
3. Dredge onion rings in flour corn starch
4. Knock off and dry in oil until golden brown
5. Pull from oil and place on paper towel lined sheet tray.
6. Season with Salt immediately after pulled from fryer
More of our favorites
FREE Monthly Email SERIES
Sign up here for sneak previews, exclusive benefits, and what’s coming up!