This dish is perfect for those times you’re craving Italian and don’t want to order out. Here’s the best part… you probably have all these ingredients in your kitchen already. The chicken comes out crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
And if you have a little bit of arugula and parmesan in your fridge – top it on the chicken right before eating!
2 chicken breasts butterflied and pounded to about a .25 inch thickness
Flour for coating
Pablo bread crumbs
Oil for frying (preferably peanut or canola)
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon mustard
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat a large (12 inch or larger) cast iron pan on medium heat. Add enough oil to have a .25 inch layer on the bottom.
2. Make an egg wash with the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix until homogenous.
3. Coat the chicken breast in flour, knock off any excess
4. dip into egg wash, drip off any excess
5. Coat in bread crumbs, make sure to press bread crumbs into chicken to get as much coverage as possible
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for the second breast
7. Fry in pan one breast at a time. Dry for until a deep golden brown on one side then flip and repeat on the side.
8. Remove from oil and allow to drain on either paper towels or on a sheet tray lined with a cooling rack
9. Serve topped with an arugula salad
More of our favorites
FREE Monthly Email SERIES
Sign up here for sneak previews, exclusive benefits, and what’s coming up!